Digital High

A Compendium of Varied Engineering Projects

 
In an attempt to ward my mind against encroaching midterms, I started working on a Halloween costume. The CAD is done and I prototyped several parts. Unfortunately I couldn't find any steel stock large enough in the scraps bin, so I made the core out of aluminum. I guess this gives me a chance to shape up my TIG welding!
 


Comments

Silas
10/26/2011 16:32

That is awesome! But where's the rest of the suit?

... The great thing is that I know you probably would build a whole suit if it weren't for classes and probsets.

Reply
Russ
10/26/2011 17:52

I think I'll be going as Tony Stark rather than Iron Man... Having the free time for a suit would be amazing. I got all the lighting done last night though! At the cost of all my sleep.

Reply
Silas
10/30/2011 18:21

Very nice. My hallway was going to go with a Firefly theme, but then we all had problem sets due :/. Tis a shame too; I was going to be Mal and Annie was going to be Inara.

I better see pics of this thing when it's running.

Reply
Russ
10/30/2011 19:54

So, it still needs a bit of work, but the electrical tape replacement of magnet wire was good enough for the party last night :]
I dunno if anybody got pictures of it running on my chest. The hasty strap-it-to-my-chest-with-magnet-wire-and-duct-tape approach left me covered in scratches though.
Aw man, I would have liked to see pictures of firefly getups!

Reply



Leave a Reply